get at

英[ɡetæt] 美[ɡetæt]
  • 达到; 领会; 意指; 贿赂; 查明
Verb:
  1. reach or gain access to;

    "How does one access the attic in this house?"
    "I cannot get to the T.V. antenna, even if I climb on the roof"

  2. influence by corruption

  3. cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations;

    "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"
    "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"

    1. A person reaches his majority at the age of 21.
      一个人二十一岁达到法定成年。
    2. I will accomplish my purpose at any cost.
      我无论如何都要达到目的。
    3. I took the hint and left at once.
      我领会了暗示立即离开了。
    4. I gave him a mild hint and he didn't get it.
      我给了他一点暗示,但他没有领会。
    5. I simply can't guess what Mary is driving at.
      我简直猜不透玛丽意指什么。
    6. These nouns signify the point at which something originates.
      这些名词意指某物的起源。
    7. The gangsters couldn't get at the mayor.
      流氓们无法贿赂市长。
    8. A bribe in hand betrays mischief at heart.
      手里的贿赂暴露了心中的险恶。
    9. We must get at the root of the matter.
      我们必须查明事情的真相。
    10. At long last we found out what had really happened.
      我们终于查明了事实真相。