"I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel"
"I thought to find her in a bad state"
"he didn't think to find her in the kitchen"
"I guess she is angry at me for standing her up"
"She views this quite differently from me"
"I consider her to be shallow"
"I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
"you can count on me to help you any time"
"Look to your friends for support"
"You can bet on that!"
"Depend on your family in times of crisis"
"You have to reckon with our opponents"
"Count on the monsoon"
I'm proud to reckon you among my friends.
我自豪地把你看作是我的朋友。
Her poetry is reckoned among the best-known this century.
她的诗被认为是本世纪最著名的诗篇之一。
A student over sixteen reckons as two under eleven in the calculation of school building costs.
在计算学校的建筑费用时,一名16岁以上的学生作为两个11岁以下的学生计算。
In cricket, a no ball reckons as one run.
在板球中,投球违例要失一分。
Any unemployed person reckons as deserving government help.
任何一个失业者都被认为应受到政府的帮助。
He got more than he reckoned for when he chose to play against such an opponent.
他选择与这样的对手比赛,获益比他估计的要多。
We didn't reckon for having such bad weather when we planned the garden party.
当我们计划这次游园会时,没考虑到会遇到这样糟糕的天气。
reckon for sth v-ingWe didn't reckon for the weather turning bad so suddenly.
我们没考虑到天气变坏得这么快。
Have you reckoned the cost of postage in?
你是否已把邮费计算在内?
You can always reckon on Jim; he'll never fail you.
你总是可以相信吉姆,他绝不会辜负你。
I'd like to come with you but that's not a promise, don't reckon on it.
我愿意与你一起去,但这不算允诺,别指望我一定来。
Don't reckon on going abroad this summer, we may not be able to afford it.
别指望今年夏天出国了,我们可能负担不起费用。
reckon on〔upon〕 sth v-ingDon't reckon upon the weather being fine for your garden party.
不要指望你举行游园会时会是好天气。
reckon on〔upon〕 sb to-vDon't reckon upon your relatives to help you out of trouble.
不要指望你的亲戚会帮助你摆脱困境。
You can reckon (up) to 100 while we hide.
我们藏起来时,你从0数到100。
We reckon your pay with our adding machine.
我们用加算器来计算你的薪金。
reckon with sb/sthI wouldn't like to reckon with the manager when he's in a bad temper.
经理脾气不好时我不愿同他打交道。
Women have become a force to be reckoned with in the affairs of the world.
在世界事务中,妇女已成为一支不可忽视的力量。
reckon with sth/v-ingWe must reckon with all possible difficulties when we are considering the cost of the contract.
我们考虑合同费用时必须认真考虑所有潜在的困难。
reckon with sthAfter all the suffering that you have had to reckon with in the past, your present struggle will seem easy.
在你战胜了过去种种磨难之后,你目前的斗争看来是容易的。
reckon with sbI'll reckon with that boy when he gets home!
等那孩子回家后,我要惩罚他!
We had hoped to hold the garden party this weekend, but we reckoned without the weather!
我们原想在本周末举行游园会,但忽略了天气的因素!